Up to this point, I have not added any content to our class Wiki, but I can describe my research towards this end so far. I plan to contribute to pages on music and new media, including services such as Spotify, Modlife, and cloud storage of music.
Spotify has been widely regarded by the new media community, so research in this area is plentiful. Spotify brings streaming music and internet radio together, allowing the usr to play just about any song on demand an unlimited number of times.
Modlife is a less talked about service, mostly known by fans of the individual bands or people that use it. Modlife allows a musician to bypass the failing revenue model that is selling CD's in the store and create their own revenue streams by distributing their content in just about any way imaginable.
Cloud storage of music is a compelling service offered by some companies, such as Google, Apple, and Amazon. With cloud storage, a person's music collection is mobile, and accessible from any device or computer at any time. Cloud storage is in direct competition with services like Spotify, where the user does not actually own anything.
I look forward to contributing to our class Wiki with this information in the near future!
No comments:
Post a Comment